TA Fellow Positions -- 10 available
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday March 31, 2017 at 5pm
Georgia Tech’s Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) seeks motivated graduate students to work as Teaching Assistant (TA) Fellows. This is an outstanding opportunity for any graduate student considering a faculty or teaching career who seeks opportunities to learn more about teaching and learning and to gain experience in presenting and facilitating.
Duties: Work over the summer with CTL faculty and a team of TA Fellows to design and present workshops to small groups of approximately 20 new undergraduate and graduate student participants at TA Orientation.
Hours: Expected time commitment is about 40 total hours between May and August. There will be at least 5 meetings of all TA Fellows during the summer. These meetings will be scheduled around TA Fellows availability and will be used to develop, practice, and receive feedback on workshops. In addition to meetings, TA Fellows will be expected to work independently on workshop design. Finally, TA Fellows MUST be available for the entire day of fall TA Orientation on Friday, August 18, 2017 and will support an additional TA Orientation in fall or spring semester to be assigned based on availability.
Compensation: A stipend will be awarded at the end of August in the amount of $1000. The TA Fellow position does NOT come with a tuition waiver.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Doctoral (Ph.D.) student
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to work effectively both individually and collaboratively
• Prior teaching experience of at least 2 semesters as a TA at Georgia Tech
• CETL 8000, CETL 8713, CETL 8715, CETL 8717, CETL 8719 or an equivalent course or experience preferred
• Personal interest in teaching and learning, perhaps as part of a career path
• Competency with Microsoft Office
• Must be available for the full day of the Teaching Assistant Orientation in August in addition to five planning meetings during the summer
To Apply: Complete the application form and attach a current resume or CV.
DEADLINE TO APPLY – Friday, March 31, 2017 at 5pm.
Interviews will be conducted in April, with selection decisions announced by May 5th . If selected, the first planning meeting will occur the week of May 15, 2017.
Note: If we offer you a position, we will need verification/approval from your home department to hire you.
Questions? Contact Kate Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org