Please review the following information before you request a permit for a course:
- All courses, with the exception of CETL 8713 and 8717, are pass/fail. Credit hours may not be counted toward any degree requirements.
- Most courses require either departmental permission (CETL 8000) or a permit issued by the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) (see course descriptions for details).
- Attendance on the first day of classes is mandatory (unless you have permission from the course instructor).
- ONLY request a permit for courses for which you meet the stated course prerequisites or requirements.
- Audits or overloads aren't allowed. No exceptions.
CTL receives a large volume of permit requests, and all permits are processed manually by a CTL staff member. Permits are processed in the order they are received and take up to two business days. If, after reviewing the information above, you still have questions, email them to email@example.com.