Please review the following information before you request a permit for a course:
- Most CETL courses are pass/fail and credit hours may not be counted toward degree requirements.
- Students can elect to take CETL 8713, CETL 8717 and CETL 8802 Special Topics Teaching-as-Research as graded or pass fail. CETL 8713 and CETL 8717 can count toward a minor in higher education if taken for a grade. Students select the grading mode when registering.
- Most courses require a permit issued by the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) (see course descriptions for details).
- Attendance on the first day of classes is mandatory, unless you have permission from the course instructor.
- ONLY request a permit for courses for which you meet the stated course prerequisites or requirements.
- Audits or overloads aren't allowed. No exceptions.
CTL receives a large volume of permit requests, and all permits are processed manually by a CTL staff member. Permits are processed in the order they are received and take up to two business days. If, after reviewing the information above, you still have questions, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.