Permit schedule for Spring 2020:
FOR CETL 8713 and CETL 8717 -- register during Phase 1 (preferred) or Phase 2
1. Submit the Permit Request Form by Wednesday, December 4.
2. Permits will be set between December 4 and December 6.
3. Phase I registration deadline is December 13 at 4pm. Unused permits will be canceled; new permit requests will be considered for Phase II registration on a rolling basis.
FOR CETL 8719 CAPSTONE -- register during Phase 2 only
1. Submit the Capstone Application by Wednesday, December 4. (Not the permit request form)
2. Receive and respond to email from CTL about your spring schedule to help us identify a time for the capstone seminar meeting.
3. The capstone seminar meeting will be scheduled and permits will be set in mid-December (Due to room scheduling constraints, this is purposefully after Phase 1 closes).
4. Register for CETL 8719 during Phase II registration from Jan 3 to 10.
Please review the following information before you request a permit for a course:
- Most CETL courses are pass/fail and credit hours may not be counted toward degree requirements.
- Students can elect to take CETL 8713 and CETL 8717 as graded or pass fail. CETL 8713 and CETL 8717 can count toward a minor in higher education if taken for a grade, with advisor approval. Students select the grading mode when registering.
- Most courses require a permit issued by the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) (see course descriptions for details).
- Attendance on the first day of classes is mandatory, unless you have permission from the course instructor.
- ONLY request a permit for courses for which you meet the stated course prerequisites or requirements.
- Audits or overloads aren't allowed. No exceptions.
CTL receives a large volume of permit requests, and all permits are processed manually by a CTL staff member. If, after reviewing the information above, you still have questions, email them to email@example.com.