The Teaching with Technology Partnership (TTP) is a learning and technology initiative in the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL). This initiative aims to support and promote effective and innovative uses of technology to enhance teaching and learning through collaboration between the following two parties:
- Faculty Fellows: The Teaching with Technology Faculty Fellows will be the sponsors of projects on which they are interested in partnering with CTL to collaborate.
- Learning Technology Specialists in CTL: CTL will be a creative partner in the projects selected for the TTP program. Selected projects will be assigned a learning technology specialist from CTL, who will be available to meet with the faculty fellows regularly and collaborate on the projects.
Meet the 2017-2018 Teaching with Technology Partnership Faculty Fellows
What Potential Projects Does TTP Support?
Potential projects that individuals, teams, and departments might pursue with CTL support include, but are not limited to the following:
- Active Learning /Student Engagement : Design, implement, and evaluate innovative curricular and pedagogical ideas to use learning technologies to engage students and improve student learning, especially in large undergraduate classes.
- Course Design or Re-design: Design and develop a new course, or redesign an existing course by incorporating technologies to improve learning outcomes in various learning environments.
- Digital Course Materials Development: Develop interactive digital course materials that can be shared among departmental instructors in their teaching and learning efforts.
What Support Will CTL Provide to TTP?
The learning technology specialists in CTL will provide the following assistance to the selected projects:
- Consultation: CTL will provide consultations and recommendations on what technologies can meet the needs of the projects and how technologies can be used to achieve the learning goals of the projects.
- Workshop: For projects that require faculty and/or students to use technologies in their classes, CTL will offer workshops as needed on how to use the technologies effectively.
- Design and development: CTL will collaborate with content specialists to design and develop digital course materials for the proposed projects.
- Implementation and Evaluation: CTL will provide assistance in implementing the projects and assessing the impact of the projects on student learning.
- Dissemination: CTL will help disseminate the outcomes of the projects through CTL-sponsored events and feature the projects on the CTL web site.
What Projects Will Not Be Supported by TTP?
TTP will not support designing and developing Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) or courses offered by Georgia Tech’s online programs, as they are currently supported by other resources. However, designing and developing online learning components for face-to-face and blended classes will be supported.
What Is Required for TTP Projects?
- A faculty fellow applicant must be a full-time Georgia Tech academic or research faculty member and submit descriptions of the project he/she would like to sponsor.
- The potential project must be endorsed by the relevant department(s) and school(s).
- All TTP faculty fellows will meet as a cohort once a month, discussing the progress of their projects and providing feedback to others.
What Are the Evaluation Criteria for Potential TTP Projects?
Due to limited resources, TTP can only support a few projects every year, depending on their scale. We will consider potential TTP projects based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to department and institute priorities
- Impact on student learning
- Feasibility of project plan
- Clarity of measurement for project success
- Potential application to other teaching and learning activities across campus
Submit Your Project
Please download the project submission template, complete it, and submit it to Chaohua Ou, Assistant Director of Learning & Technology Initiatives. Projects submitted after the deadline will be considered only if resources are still available.
Please send your inquiries to Chaohua Ou if you have any questions.