Join the Center for Teaching and Learning for our annual Spring Celebrating Teaching Day, a day dedicated to celebrating and honoring the commitment of Georgia Tech faculty and instructors who create engaging, challenging, and supportive learning experiences for their students throughout the year. In 2021, Celebrating Teaching Day will be virtual!
During this signature Spring event, Georgia Tech faculty showcase their teaching and learning work in a poster session which offers a glimpse into their classrooms. Attendees will explore projects created by innovative and entrepreneurial faculty across campus and have the unique opportunity to share ideas and inspiration among colleagues. Posters presented during the 2020 Celebrating Teaching Day, 2019 Celebrating Teaching Day (see below) and 2018 Celebrating Teaching Day illustrate the wide range of inventive pedagogical initiatives underway by Georgia Tech peers committed to student learning, such as
- The Distance Mathematics Program by Greg Mayer, Academic Professional, Mathematics, Georgia Tech Educational Initiatives.
- Humor in Technical Education, Communication and Innovation by Pete Ludovice, Associate Professor, School of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, Educational Initiatives.
- Water-safety Education for High School, Undergraduate, and Graduate students (WE-HUG) by Xing Xie, Assistant Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Class of 1969 Teaching Fellows.
You will find a range of disciplines represented at the poster session, as well as Center for Teaching and Learning faculty and members of faculty fellows groups, University System of Georgia Chancellor's Scholars, faculty learning communities, and Brittain Fellows.
Celebrating Teaching Day is also an opportunity to applaud the passion and dedication Georgia Tech faculty bring to the classroom, lab, and other educational connections with students. We also recognize colleagues such as Thank-a-Teacher and Student Recognition of Teaching Excellence: Class of 1934 CIOS Award recipients.
Please mark these dates in your calendar for the 2021 event:
- March 1: Posters go live for asynchronous viewing
- Tues, March 9, 10:45am-12:30pm: Keynote presentation by Dr. Thomas Tobin, University of Wisconsin-Madison, on "Assessment Hacks Revealed: Lowering Barriers while Preserving Rigor" and celebration of Thank a Teacher and Student Recognition of Teaching Excellence: Class of 1934 CIOS Award recipients
- Thurs, March 11, 10:45am-12:30pm: Live poster Q&A and closing remarks
Join us in March to celebrate teaching!
Visit this page to learn more about Celebrating Teaching Day 2020.
Visit this page to see some of the exciting teaching and learning posters from Celebrate Teaching Day 2019.
Visit this page to learn more about Celebrating Teaching Day 2018.
Registration for Celebrating Teaching Day 2021 Coming Soon!
Questions? Please contact Carol Subino Sullivan via firstname.lastname@example.org